- 3 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil*
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup candied* pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease two loaf pans.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the sugar, canola oil, and eggs. Add the pumpkin puree, whisk until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and gradually add the water as you mix everything together.
- Divide between the prepared loaf pans, and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Bake for 90 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. (I had to tent with foil after 60, and my loaf was done after 80).
- Let the loaves cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before whisking all of the frosting ingredients together and drizzling evenly over the loaves.
I made 1/2 recipe, which was perfect for one loaf pan!
I used coconut oil (refined, so it doesn’t taste like coconut) instead of canola, and it worked perfectly!
I didn’t have candied pecans on hand, so I used regular. They were great, but candied would be amazing, I’m sure!