- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (fine is better than stone ground)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup butter, melted (plus more for cooking)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk until mostly combined (don’t over-mix).
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat, and when it’s hot pour ⅓ cup at a time onto the buttered griddle. Cook until each side is golden brown, and serve topped with maple syrup and any other toppings you want!