This pumpkin peanut butter bread is a new take on pumpkin bread, swirling in deliciously smooth peanut butter!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- With a mixer, cream butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Add pumpkin puree, then vanilla extract. Alternating with the milk, incorporate the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave until it is runny, but not too hot. Spread 1/2 of the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan, then liberally pour peanut butter over the batter. Using a knife, marble the peanut butter into the pumpkin batter. Spread remaining pumpkin batter into the pan, and top with the rest of the peanut butter (again, marble with a knife).
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- I used whole wheat pastry flour for this recipe (because it was on sale!) and it turned out wonderfully.
- The less sugary the peanut butter, the better.
- About 2/3 of the peanut butter mixture should go in the middle of the loaf, and the other 1/3 on top, but you can really put it throughout however you want. You could layer it, totally mix it together, inject it... the possibilities are endless!