- 1 tsp butter for the pan
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cups pecans, coarsely chopped, plus 1/2 cup whole halves for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8×8″ baking dish, or a 9″ loaf tin.
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, milk, pumpkin puree, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats and pumpkin pie spice. Once mixed, add to the wet mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour into the prepared dish, and top with the remaining pecans. Bake for 45-50 minutes. The mixture should be set and beginning to turn golden on top.
- Serve with half & half or yogurt.