Healthy but not lacking flavor, these burgers make a perfect vegetarian alternative to the typical burger.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup grated gouda
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs (optional)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- toasted burger buns
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor (or with a fork), pulse the black beans, grated cheese, cumin, turmeric, and garlic until incorporated. Add the mixture to the prepared quinoa and mix by hand. Add in bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to taste.
- With your hands, form the paste into patties (the size of a hamburger) and set on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 24-30 minutes, depending on the thickness, flipping over halfway through.
- While the patties are baking, combine the sour cream and green onions in a small bowl, and prepare your guacamole. When the patties are ready, serve on toasted buns prepared with the sour cream mixture, guacamole, and spinach. I added some mustard to mine, too!