- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 5 portabella mushroom caps
- olive oil
- 6+ ounces gouda, sliced or grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare quinoa as directed (1:2 quinoa to water ratio).
- Prepare the mushroom caps by rinsing and gently scraping out the gills. Drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 10 minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper with for 7-10 minutes. Add the spinach at the end, and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat and mix with prepared quinoa. Gently spoon the mixture into the partially cooked mushroom caps, top with plenty of cheese, and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and begins to brown.