- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp lime zest
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries, chopped in halves
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and fit with parchment paper.
- Grate the butter with a cheese grater, and add to the flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Mix together until crumbly. [Alternatively, combine ingredients in the food processor and pulse until fine].
- Press the mixture into the prepared dish, and freeze for 30 minutes. The mixture will be very soft and powdery – not at all wet and sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 350, and bake the chilled crust for 16-18 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, zest, lime juice, and salt.
- When the crust is done, scatter the chopped berries over the crust, pour the lime mixture over the hot crust and return to oven at 325 F. Bake until the edges are starting to brown, 18-20 minutes.
- Cool, in the pan, on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing the bars from the pan. Let the bars cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and cutting into squares.