Roasted Garlic and white beans, along with lemon and olive oil, make this smooth and creamy toast a delicious, quick, healthy meal!
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cans cooked white beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup water
- salt & pepper
- Thick-sliced bread
- chopped green herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the top of the garlic off, keeping the head intact, and drizzle with a scant 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Wrap in foil, and bake for 35-45 minutes. It’s done when all the cloves are golden and soft. (Here’s a great tutorial if you need more help!)
- When the garlic is done, squeeze the cloves out. Combine with the remaining olive oil, one can of beans, the rosemary, and lemon juice. Blend (I used an immersion blender) until extremely smooth. Add water, a very small amount at a time, as needed to achieve a smooth but not stiff texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When you’re ready to assemble, toast the bread, spread a thick layer of bean puree on top, then add a layer of un-pureed beans. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, and add large flakes of sea salt and herb garnish if desired!