- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp fine cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder, and set aside.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Add the honey, mixing again until fully incorporated.
- Add the egg, mix to combine, then the vanilla. Mix to combine, then cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When the dough has fully chilled (I do mine in the freezer for maximum chilling!), preheat the oven to 350F. Roll the dough (it will be soft and sticky, so work quickly!) into small balls and bake on a lined baking sheet 2″ apart. Bake for 10 minutes (they will not look very done, but they are!).
- Let the cookies cool completely before whisking the powdered sugar and milk together to make a glaze (you can add 1/8 tsp of salt to this if you want another salty kick!), and drizzle over the cookies.