- 1 cup vegetable (or chicken) stock
- 1/2 cup thick cut rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (or more if you like the taste!)
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro or other herbs for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the stock to a simmer. Add the oats and turn the heat down, stirring. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the liquid is fully absorbed and the oats are soft. Stir in the grated cheese.
- While the oats are cooking, poach or soft-boil an egg.
- To serve, top the oats with the egg, add salt and pepper to taste, and shave some more parmesan on top. Garnish with herbs.