This sesame chicken crunch salad has roasted garlic crackers for crunch, baked chicken for protein, a wonderful mix of vegetables, and a flavorful Asian-inspired sesame dressing. It’s a hit!
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1” section of ginger, finely minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 3 cups thinly sliced* radicchio
- 3 cups thinly sliced* green cabbage
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds (I used black, but you can use either white or black!)
- 2 cups Roasted Garlic Multi-Seed Crunchmaster Crackers, crushed to small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts, and place on a lightly oiled (or foil-lined) baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle, then remove and set aside.
- While the chicken is baking, combing the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, mirin, and soy sauce. Whisk together, and set aside.
- Toss together the carrots, green onions, cashews, radicchio, cabbage, sesame seeds, and crushed crackers**.
- Shred the chicken, and add to the salad along with the dressing. Toss everything to combine, and serve immediately.
*I used my mandolin to thinly slice both the radicchio and the cabbage.
**The crackers will get soggy if left in the salad for more than a few hours — if not serving immediately, wait to add the crackers before serving.