- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1–3 Tbsp milk (only if needed)
- 6 oz chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the peanut butter and sugars in a stand mixer with a paddle attachement. Beat until fully mixed. Depending on the type of peanut butter you use, the mixture will either be light and fluffy or in tiny crumbles. Either is fine!
- Add the egg, then vanilla, mixing to combine each.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well, then add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix to combine.
- If the mixture is extremely dry (and does not hold together at all when you try to form a ball, add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until it does. The dough should NOT be sticky or wet at all, and will barely hold together in a ball.
- Mix in the chocolate, then form into small balls. Do not flatten. Bake for 8-10 minutes.