- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, yolk and whites divided
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2+ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Pat out 1/4-1/3″ thick on a greased 12″ x 18″ pan*. Use your hands to thinly spread one unbeaten egg white over the top, then sprinkle and gently press in chopped pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cut into 1.5″ squares while still warm.
This is a double recipe, since I use a rather large baking sheet and like my toffee cookies thick. You can make a half recipe, but you’ll want a baking sheet on the smaller side. BAKING TIME will be affected based on double/single recipe, and how thick you end up pressing them! You can tell they’re done when the edges are set and slightly golden, and the egg-white over the entire thing is nicely browned.