A healthy-ish, very hearty, and completely delicious twist on the classic banana bread. This loaf doesn't disappoint.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and combine. Add sour cream and mashed banana, and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and all spices.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, and stir gently until combined.
- Add chopped dates, pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a cooling rack.