- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 Tbsp cold milk
- salt for dusting
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and grated cheese until smooth. It shouldn’t take long.
- Mix together the spices with the flour, then add it to the mixer. Mix on low-speed until mostly incorporated — it’s okay to be a little bit crumbly.
- Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together. It should not be sticky, but should hold together in a ball.
- Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30+ minutes.
- When the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 400 F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out very thin — 1/8″ or less. Cut it into your desired shape, sprinkle salt all over, and bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10-11 minutes.
- Let the crackers cool at least 5 minutes before eating.