- oil for frying (I use olive, but canola would work)
- 1 lb fresh halibut fillets, cut into single-serving sizes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Heat 1 cm of oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Preheat the oven to 200 F.
- Rinse your fish and pat it dry. Cut into the size you want.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and all of the spices.
- Dredge the fish in the dry mixture, coating all sides.
- Fry the fish, turning once. Fry time will vary drastically depending on the thickness of your fish. For mine, I cook about 2-3 minutes on each side at a fairly high heat. You want the fish to be opaque all the way through.
- Remove the fish from the pan and set in the oven on a paper towel-lined baking sheet until you are done frying all of the fish.