- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together until the butter is completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in the whiskey, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs and egg yolk until completely smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Divide between six 4-oz buttered ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes – the edges should be set but the center will still be soft (although not wet). Remove from the oven, let cool 1 minute before gently loosening edges with a knife and inverting the cakes onto individual plates. Top with powdered sugar.