- 1¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla beans (optional)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and the spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter with the sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla and honey, then the flour mixture until just combined.
- Scoop the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will not look done.
- Let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Combine the powdered sugar, ground vanilla beans, and milk, then drizzle over the cookies.