A fresh, clean, and brightly flavored pasta dish with a creamy cheese base.
- 12 oz pasta (rotini, shells, or something with pockets for sauce is preferable)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 14 oz artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, packed (if frozen, thaw and press excess liquid out before cooking)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil, add pasta, cook until done, drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, melt butter and add minced garlic. Cook 30 seconds before adding cream cheese. Wait for cream cheese to melt before adding milk and sour cream. Stir until incorporated. Add lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, artichoke hearts, and spinach. Add parmesan and cook until melted.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Serve with fresh ground pepper and parmesan!