- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- olive oil
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (seeds removed if you want less spice)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: avocado, cilantro, sour cream, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a handful of cheese, and return to the oven for 3 minutes to melt cheese.
- While you’re baking all of the tortillas, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for three minutes, then add the bell pepper and jalapeño. Cook until the beef is fully browned.
- Add the tomatoes, all spices, and corn. Stir to fully incorporate, then add the water.
- Cook, uncovered, until the water is fully absorbed/evaporated – 10-15 minutes. Add the black beans and cook long enough to heat through.
- Top the crisped tortillas with the beef mixture, extra cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, or other toppings as desired.