- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped/shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped/shredded cabbage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped/crushed peanuts + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 2 14oz cans of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1 1/4 cups coconut milk with 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce. Separately, combine 1/4 cup coconut milk with 1 Tbsp cornstarch, and whisk until smooth. Whisk into the heating mixture.
- Cook the coconut milk mixture until it thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a Tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and onion, cooking for one minute, before adding the carrots, cabbage, bell pepper, green onions, and salt.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until vegetables are beginning to soften. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cooked vegetables with the shredded chicken, pepper, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro, lime juice, 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce, and remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Spoon into flour tortillas, which are then rolled and lined up in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the tortillas with the thickened coconut/chili sauce, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and peanuts.
I broke my 9×13 dish just before making this recipe, so it’s pictured in a smaller baking pan… you should be able to fit 8 full enchiladas in a 9×13.