- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can (14oz) coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 persimmons, but into slices
- Combine the rice, coconut cream, water, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt together in a sauce pot. Bring to a simmer, stir together until combined, then cover and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid is absorbed. If you need to take the lid off around 45 minutes, to help extra liquid evaporate, do so.
- While the rice is cooking, cook the coconut flakes over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Keep a close eye on it, and stir frequently! Cook until the flakes are golden, then remove from heat and transfer to separate dish so they don’t continue to cook.
- Serve warm, topped with the toasted coconut and sliced persimmons.