- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 dates
- 2 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 pinch ground vanilla beans
- 1 pinch salt
- Soak the cashews in 3 cups of water overnight (or at least 5 hours).
- When the cashews are fully soaked, drain the soaking water. Add the cashews and 4 cups of clean water to a powerful blender, along with the dates (make sure they don’t have pits!).*
- Blend on high for 2 minutes, then add the matcha, vanilla, and salt. Blend until totally smooth.
- Taste, and add more dates, matcha, vanilla, or salt depending on your taste!
I opt not to strain my cashew milk: I like the mouthfeel without straining. If you prefer to strain, I recommend blending ONLY cashews and water to begin with, straining it through a nut milk bag, and then returning it to the blender to add the dates, matcha, vanilla, and salt.