A simple, hearty frittata that makes a perfect main for breakfast any day of the week.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- any vegetables you want!
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream together until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and mix that in too.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for two minutes before adding all other vegetables except for the tomato and spinach. Cook the vegetables until beginning to soften, 5-8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Still over medium heat, spread the vegetables out evenly in the pan before gently pouring in the entire egg mixture. Gently lay the tomato slices on top of the egg mixture, then sprinkle the cheese over the entire top.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the middle is set and top is golden-brown.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!