- 2 cups cashews, raw and unsalted
- 12 regular candy canes
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Using a spatula, spread them around to check doneness. Bake in two minute increments until done (they will be golden and smell nutty, but not be black and burned).
- While the nuts are baking, add the candy canes to your food processor. Blend until no pieces are bigger than a pea. Set aside.
- When they’re done, immediately add the nuts to the food processor and blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the white chocolate chips, again blending until smooth.
- Add salt and vanilla extract to taste, then add the candy canes and pulse until incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.