A delicious, earthy risotto that meshes sweet beets with creamy goat cheese.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 whole beets, finely chopped
- 2 cups beet greens, chopped
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice*
- 3 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Goat Cheese
*I used jasmine rice, as I was out of arborio, and it worked perfectly!
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and beets to the butter, and cook for five minutes before adding the beet greens. Cook for another three minutes, then add the rice, stock, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring periodically. When the liquid if fully absorbed, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve with fresh goat cheese scattered throughout.