- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas (about 2.5 bananas)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and butter a muffin tin.
- Combine the buttermilk, mashed banana, melted butter, eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix to fully combine. Add to the wet ingredients, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly among 12 tins, and top with a thin slice of banana (optional) and a few raw oats.
- Bake until a cake-tester comes out clean — about 15 minutes.