- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and butter an 9×5 loaf pan.
- Wrap the shredded zucchini in cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the zucchini and dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing it. Serve warm or cooled!
Depending on your flour, you may need more or less liquid. The batter should be quite thick, but still wet.