- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, and whisk together.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients, in a separate bowl, and whisk together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Heat your waffle iron and cook the waffles according to your specific iron’s directions. Top with powdered sugar, yogurt, maple syrup, and any other favorite topping.
I topped mine with yogurt and chopped apples mixed with cinnamon/sugar, along with maple syrup! Feel free to top with whatever sounds good to you!