- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (excess liquid squeezed out)
- butter for cooking
- syrup for topping
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, eggs, melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, gently folding in the shredded zucchini.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. It’s ready when a drop of cold water sizzles vigorously when dropped onto the surface of the pan.
- Melt 1 tsp butter into the pan, and pour 1/3 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes before flipping — edges should look dry and the center should have bubbles — and cook for another two minutes on the other side. Depending on your settings, these times will vary. Each side should be golden-brown!
- Keep cooked pancakes in the oven at 200F until you’ve cooked all of the batter. Serve with warm maple syrup and vanilla yogurt!