- 10oz bacon (uncured, no sugar), sliced to 1/4″ sticks
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, cut to 1/4″ rounds
- 12* large eggs
- scant 1 cup (1/2 can) coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- avocado, for topping
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon strips until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooing, spread the sliced brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet, and broil 3-4″ away from the coils in your oven for 3-4 minutes. They should have some blackened bits, but still be mostly green.
- Remove the brussels from the oven and stir into the bacon when it’s nearly done. Remove from the heat, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Crack all twelve eggs into a large mixing bowl. Make sure the coconut milk is homogenous (if it has separated, mix it together until smooth before measuring out half the can!), and add half of a can to the eggs. Whisk together, along with the salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Mix in the brussels and bacon, and pour everything into a 9.5″ pie dish that’s been greased with coconut oil, ghee, or olive oil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center is set.
- Serve warm topped with avocado and hot sauce! (optional, but that’s how I eat it!)
I use a 9.5″ pie pan, and it gets pretty darn full! If you use a smaller pie pan, you might decrease the number of eggs and amount of coconut milk just slightly.