This hearty, filling wild rice salad is dressed with a blackberry vinaigrette, and full of delicious fresh vegetables.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Blackberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh marjoram leaves
- 3 cups broth
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 4 cups chopped kale (I prefer lacinato)
- 4 carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 2 cups asparagus (1" segments), uncooked
- 3/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata
- 1 cup micro greens
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the blackberries, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and marjoram in a vessel big enough to use an immersion blender in. (Alternatively, use a normal blender). Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed (if you want more tang, add more vinegar, etc.). Set aside.
- Cook the wild rice in the broth until fully cooked and soft. While the rice is cooking, prepare the remaining vegetables.
- To cook the asparagus, add them to a hot, non-stick (I used cast iron) pan without oil. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until bright green with a few dark charred spots.
- To assemble the salad, toss all of the remaining ingredients together, along with as much blackberry vinaigrette as you'd like (coat it all!).
Keywords: wild rice salad with blackberry vinaigrette