- 2 medium zucchini squash
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced/crushed
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange halved cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 12-14 minutes until blistered and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, heat garlic and red pepper flakes in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat just until fragrant, 1 minute. Add pancetta and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Add the wine to the pan to deglaze and scrape up any browned bits of pancetta. Let this mixture simmer for about 5 minutes until alcohol cooks out of the wine. Add the spiral cut zucchini to the pan and stir to coat in the wine sauce. Let this mixture cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the zucchini is al dente. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding in the egg yolk and the parmesan. Toss in the roasted tomatoes and top with more cheese.
- If you’d like to make it WITH pasta, remove the mixture from heat after the alcohol cooks out and add in cooked pasta along with about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Then add the egg and parmesan.