- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced, plus 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced jalapeno, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- quick guacamole
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the polenta and water, along with 1/4 tsp salt. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Leave to cool in the microwave as you finish the rest of the recipe.
- In a heavy skillet over medium high heat, add the sliced onion and bell peppers (use a small amount of oil if your pan isn't non-stick or cast-iron). Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes. It should be sizzling and steamy!
- After three minutes, remove the veggies and set aside. Keep the pan hot.
- Add the chicken, minced chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Stir, and cook — browning all sides of the chicken. Once the chicken is browned, reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, and return the veggies to the pan. Cook for another two minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the cheese into the warm polenta, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve each bowl with polenta, chicken, veggies, guacamole, and whatever other toppings you want!