- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- half & half, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Use the butter to grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
- Combine the maple syrup, salt, milk, egg, and vanilla. Use a whisk to mix until the egg is totally combined and the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, and almonds. Once mixed, add to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread a handful of the berries along the bottom of the baking dish (I used enough to completely cover the bottom), then pour in the oat mixture, and top with the remaining berries.
- Sprinkle the topping, chopped almonds and brown sugar, over the top and bake for 45-50 minutes. The mixture should be set and beginning to turn golden on top.
- Serve with half & half.
I often make this without the brown sugar on top, and find it to be sweet enough!