- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 lbs apples, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Whisk the dry streusel ingredients together, then cut in the butter until it is in small chunks. Set in the freezer while you prepare the rest of the galette.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and cornstarch. Whisk to combine, then toss with the thin apple slices and vanilla.
- Roll the dough out into a rough circle, 1/4″ thick, on a piece of parchment paper. Leaving about 2″ around the outside, arrange the apples in the center of the dough. Fold the edges up over the apples, gently pressing down to hold it’s shape.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the exposed apples.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the juice from the apples is bubbling. If you need to tent with foil to avoid too much browning, do so!
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.