- 1 large loaf crusty white bread, sliced to 1″ thick slices
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk (any fat %)
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- Arrange your sliced bread in an appropriately-sized baking dish. I arranged mine vertically, but you can do horizontally (or cube everything and toss it in) if you want.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, white sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond extract. Pour over the prepared bread, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.*
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the egg-soaked bread, then dot with raspberries and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden and the liquid has set up.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, with maple syrup and any extra raspberries.
If you don’t have all night, let the bread soak for at least one hour before baking!