- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter a 9" loaf pan.
- Mix together the mashed bananas and melted butter, then mix in the brown sugar.
- Stir in the egg and mix until fully incorporated, then add the vanilla and bourbon.
- Add the salt and all of the spices. Mix in, then add the baking soda and flour. Mix until just incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Best served warm!