- 5 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 450 F, placing a large cast-iron skillet or pie plate in to heat with the oven.
- Over medium heat in another skillet, melt 3 Tbsp butter. Continue to cook, swirling, until the butter is brown and smells nutty. It will pop and crackle, but when it gets quiet keep an eye on it. Pour immediately into a separate container.
- Whisk the milk into the butter, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. I use an immersion blender here to make sure it's really well mixed.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and flour. Whisk to combine.
- When the oven is hot, add the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter to the skillet, and let melt completely. Pour the batter into the center of the skillet, drop blueberries into the batter, then return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes. The top should puff up and turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve with powdered sugar and syrup.