- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup brown suger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking the butter, swirling the pan occasionally. It should crackle, then stop crackling, the solids will brown, and it will smell nutty. Remove from heat immediately and pour into a separate bowl. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- When the butter has cooled slightly, mix in the sugars, then the pumpkin puree, then the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until the egg is completely incorporated.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients, and let rest for 20 minutes before continuing.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Using a 1/8 cup measure, scoop the batter, form into small rounds, and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Set on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will not look completely done, but that is ok!
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.