- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed to 1/2″ cubes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 6 eggs, whisked together
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- toppings: sliced jalapenos, green onions, cilantro, lime wedges, hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Wrap the corn tortillas in foil, sealing, and bake for 20 minutes while preparing the meal.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the cubed potatoes, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce. Stir together, then let cook a few minutes between each time you stir in order to blacken the edges. After 10 minutes, turn the heat down to medium. In total, you’ll need to cook the potatoes 15-20 minutes. Five minutes before the potatoes are done, push them to one side of the pan and add the cabbage into the other half. Stir occasionally until they are softened, and the potatoes are done. Season both with salt & pepper.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the guacamole by mashing together the avocados, lime juice, and salt & pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, heat another small pan over medium-low heat. Melt the butter in the pan, then add the whisked eggs. Pull a rubber spatula in long, slow, pan-width movements to scramble and cook the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until you reach your desired doneness.
- When everything is done, take the tortillas out of the oven and assemble tacos with a little bit of everything, plus any garnishes you want.