- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mint chips
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Whisk together, and set aside.
- With a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy — at least 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of the mixing bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract.
- The dough will be very firm, so gently fold in the mint chips.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Using a small cookie scoop, or a spoon, form 1/8 cup balls of dough. Flatten slightly.
- The cookies will not spread very much during baking, so set them 1 to 2 inches apart on a lined cookie sheet. Cook for 9-11 minutes. They will not look done, but the edges will be set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.