I swear I don't actually eat only sugar. But this week... it's really going to look like it.
I have a lot of normal recipes to share with you (like grains and veggies), but I also have so many sweet things stocked up that I couldn't keep these cookies to myself anymore. They are delicious, and a less-fancy alternative to yesterday's spiced chocolate molten cakes.
These cookies use the same base as my Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies, but instead of normal chocolate chips + crushed candy canes, they just have mint chips in them. How cute are these!? You could throw in any kind of chip you want (red for Valentine's?), but I love the look of mint chips on chocolate.
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 52 minutes
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups mint chips
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Whisk together, and set aside.
- With a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy — at least 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of the mixing bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract.
- The dough will be very firm, so gently fold in the mint chips.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Using a small cookie scoop, or a spoon, form ⅛ cup balls of dough. Flatten slightly.
- The cookies will not spread very much during baking, so set them 1 to 2 inches apart on a lined cookie sheet. Cook for 9-11 minutes. They will not look done, but the edges will be set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
These look delicious! Where did you get the mint chips? What brand are they? Thanks!
Thanks, Melinda! I got mine at my normal grocery store - they're Ghirardelli!
Thanks! I haven't seen them in my store but I will look around. I can't wait to make these! Also, I absolutely love your site!