- 7 oz bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 24 toasted pecan halves, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and line an 8" springform pan with parchment.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with the butter, either on the stovetop over low heat or in the microwave in 30-second increments, mixing until 100% smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- With the whisk attachment, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt, until foamy. Stir in the melted chocolate, add the ground pecans, and cinnamon.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The edge of the cake should be set.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
- When the cake is cool, remove it from the pan. Heat the heavy cream until almost boiling, then remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Let the mixture sit for one minute before stirring until completely smooth. Pour over the top of the cake, smooth the top, and decorate with the toasted pecan halves.
- Let the ganache set for at least two hours before serving.