- 4–6 large scallions, finely chopped (totaling 3/4 cup)
- 2” chunk of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 large pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp chili oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- 12 oz soba noodles
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a small bowl, and let sit while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles as directed. Rinse with cold water when done, and toss with 1 Tbsp of sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bell pepper in 2 Tbsp of sesame oil until cooked through.
- Toss the pasta with the cooked pepper, carrot shavings, basil, and prepared sauce. Serve cold.