- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and lightly grease an 8x8" pan. You can line it with parchment, too, if you want to be able to remove the brownies all at once.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, or in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Once melted, add the sugar and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and add the cocoa and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla, and then the eggs one at a time. Whisk fully so that the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda and flour. Add to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the dark chocolate. If your mixture is still warm and you don't want the dark chocolate to melt, wait 5-10 minutes for it to cool before mixing the chunks in.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and cook for 25-30 minutes - the top should have a thin crust, but the center will still be quite moist.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting and serving.