- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and lightly grease an 8×8″ pan. You can line it with parchment, too, if you want to be able to remove the brownies all at once.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, or in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Once melted, add the sugar and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and add the cocoa and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla, and then the eggs one at a time. Whisk fully so that the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda and flour. Add to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the dark chocolate. If your mixture is still warm and you don’t want the dark chocolate to melt, wait 5-10 minutes for it to cool before mixing the chunks in.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and cook for 25-30 minutes – the top should have a thin crust, but the center will still be quite moist.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting and serving.