- 2 boxes mac n’ cheese, cooked according to directions
- 4 cups oil, for frying
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- any spices you want in the breading (I like something spicy like cayenne!)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 15 drops Tabasco
- 2 tsp Cholula
- After cooking the boxed macaroni according to the directions, press into a lightly buttered 8×8 baking dish. Top with wax paper, and again press down to make an even surface.
- Freeze for an hour or two, or refrigerate overnight.
- When the macaroni is fully cooled, remove the wax paper and cut the macaroni into small triangles (or whatever shape you want).
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 360 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg with the 1 Tbsp milk, and beat together.
- In a separate bowl, combine your bread crumbs and spices.
- When the oil is ready, dip each bite of mac n’ cheese first in the egg, then in the bread crumbs. Fry until golden — about 2 minutes.
- Combine the ranch and two hot sauces to make the spicy ranch sauce.
- Serve the mac n’ cheese bites hot!