- 1 cup shrimp (frozen or thawed are both fine)
- 2 Tbsp chili oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 grapefruit, cubed
- 1 cup cooked rice, cold
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- salad greens (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the shrimp in the chili oil until opaque and starting to brown. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of a cylindrical cup or measure, gently pack 1/2 of the cubed avocado as tightly as you can. Cover with 1/2 cup rice, and pack down gently, yet firmly.
- Invert onto a plate prepared with a bed of greens (optional), then top with a layer of grapefruit, the shrimp, and a drizzle of the balsamic reduction.
- Best served immediately, while the shrimp are still hot!