A healthy take on a chocolate chip cookie with a surprising tint.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup avocado, fresh
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream the avocado until smooth. Add sugars, mix to incorporate. Add the vanilla, and then eggs, one at a time. Mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and gently mix to incorporate. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 30+ minutes before scooping onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet in 1/8 cup balls, then flatten slightly. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until tops begin to brown slightly.
- These cookies are best enjoyed the same day they are baked.