This take on an Indian favorite comes together with just 10 minutes of prep, and is beyond flavorful! Healthy Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken Recipe!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 14oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- salt & pepper
- lime & cilantro, for garnish
- naan & rice for serving
- Combine the onion, garlic, all spices, and tomato sauce in your slow cooker. Mix to combine, then add the cut up chicken. Stir, and cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 4).
- Twenty minutes before you want to eat, put the yogurt into a separate bowl. Stirring continuously, add 1/4 cup at a time of the hot tomato sauce to the yogurt, until you've added about 2 cups. Then, pour the entire thing back into the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook another 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with lime and cilantro, along with naan and rice.